Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

Views: 1381

Replies to This Discussion

I agree with Dana. And ill be honest here I don't have a $75k boat but if you make a living in a boat traveling all over the country fishing tournaments shouldn't it be expected to have a couple encounters with objects both moving or stationary?! I mean coming in too hot to shore or bumping a competitors boat at a launch or in a lock... Poche didn't ram his boat intentionally. Yeah maybe he was not paying close enough attention to prevent contact but really Ish boarding the man's boat is uncalled for and childish. Ive never met Ish but ill say Ive never enjoyed watching him on TV. Heres an in testing account I found 

http://lonestarbass.com/bass-fishing/tussle-at-toho/

What a cool interview.  Especially the comment by Greg Yates.  

P.J. Koshi said:

I agree with Dana. And ill be honest here I don't have a $75k boat but if you make a living in a boat traveling all over the country fishing tournaments shouldn't it be expected to have a couple encounters with objects both moving or stationary?! I mean coming in too hot to shore or bumping a competitors boat at a launch or in a lock... Poche didn't ram his boat intentionally. Yeah maybe he was not paying close enough attention to prevent contact but really Ish boarding the man's boat is uncalled for and childish. Ive never met Ish but ill say Ive never enjoyed watching him on TV. Heres an in testing account I found 

http://lonestarbass.com/bass-fishing/tussle-at-toho/

And more from a man that has my RESPECT. I think that some of you young guns that think you know it all, give this a read. The sport is not better off for this incident and I don't believe being a part of the Jerry Springer show is helping.

http://www.bassmaster.com/blog/tharp-toho-incident

Great write up by Randall. He seems like a stand out guy and a hell of a stick.

I don't know what it is with locks and grown men acting like idiots.  I locked for the first time last year at Umatilla NWBASS and was disgusted with the way some handled themselves. 

I've never locked through, but was always curious as to how it works. Do they give you a number or something? How many boats fit in the locks at McNary? Is it like bumper boats?

troy kelly said:

I don't know what it is with locks and grown men acting like idiots.  I locked for the first time last year at Umatilla NWBASS and was disgusted with the way some handled themselves. 

No they do not give you a number.  We were under the assumption that the guy who showed up last to the gate would be the furthest boat back from the door when you exit the locks and that is not the case at all.  Guys would blatantly idle past LOTS of other boats to be the first out.  Exiting the locks is also a mess as well it's basically a shotgun start with a 200yd "idle" leading to the starting line.  I love me some competition but it was pretty ridiculous.    

http://www.bassmaster.com/news/bass-statement-pochemonroe-incident

Well, at least they didn't just give them a timeout or make them stand in a corner with their nose touching the wall. I know some of you thought this was really cool for our sport, it wasn't! 

It is awesome for the sport. Gets people talking about a sport completely mismanaged to the brink of obscurity. It gets discussions like these going that remind us what sportsmanship is about. Someone like Ish being humbled and reduced a peg or two is EXACTLY what the sport needs. Sometimes you need a black eye or two to make you a bit tougher and a day wiser. We learn more from mistakes than we do from being perfect.

If you want to see a real PR nightmare, wait until a name brand pro angler says "sand coon" on a blog. Then we can probably have a defined conversation about alienating people from the sport... Just sayin.

Dana Steiner said:

Well, at least they didn't just give them a timeout or make them stand in a corner with their nose touching the wall. I know some of you thought this was really cool for our sport, it wasn't! 

"DUNE" not "sand" it rhymes better. And yes, I'm an Infidel. Looking forward to having the chance to compete against you on the water, so we can make some more "awesome" for our sport. You picked it... Just sayin.

Infidel (in Muslim use) a person who does not accept the Islamic faith; kaffir.

Snake said:

It is awesome for the sport. Gets people talking about a sport completely mismanaged to the brink of obscurity. It gets discussions like these going that remind us what sportsmanship is about. Someone like Ish being humbled and reduced a peg or two is EXACTLY what the sport needs. Sometimes you need a black eye or two to make you a bit tougher and a day wiser. We learn more from mistakes than we do from being perfect.

If you want to see a real PR nightmare, wait until a name brand pro angler says "sand coon" on a blog. Then we can probably have a defined conversation about alienating people from the sport... Just sayin.

Dana Steiner said:

Dana Steiner said:

Looking forward to having the chance to compete against you on the water, so we can make some more "awesome" for our sport. You picked it... Just sayin.

Love a challenge.

Snake said:

Dana Steiner said:

Looking forward to having the chance to compete against you on the water, so we can make some more "awesome" for our sport. You picked it... Just sayin.

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service