Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

Hi Everyone,

Borderline Bassin Contenders will be holding their annual Lake Whatcom Fall Open on Saturday, October 23rd.  Registration will be at 6:15 AM with a drivers meeting shortly after.  We will draw boat numbers once everyone has been registered and blast off at safe light.  Weigh in will be at 3 PM.  Entry fee is $100 per team and $20 big fish option.  If you wish, you can email me your completed entry forms at dparnicky@gmail.com.  It is perfectly acceptable and preferred however to hand in registration forms on tournament morning. I have attached a copy of the registration form as well as tournament rules to this post.  Feel free to contact me on here if you have any questions or concerns.  I hope to see you there!  It should be a fun day on a great lake!  

**Note**  I have tested our club's scale on weights and it is ACCURATE.  In order to speed up the weigh in process, each team is entitled to only ONE re-weigh.  If you ask for a re-weigh, I encourage that you deem it necessary as you will be forced to take the second weight regardless of whether it is higher or lower than your original weight.  This is the only way to keep things moving along and orderly at weigh in.  I don't want to hear any whining! :)   

Views: 294

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Tag just gave me his GPS I am coming! I got a bucket full of King Craws and 1.5 oz. jigs you guys are going down!
need a backseater? I have some River2Sea clackin craws in 1.5oz

Ronald Hobbs, Jr. said:
Tag just gave me his GPS I am coming! I got a bucket full of King Craws and 1.5 oz. jigs you guys are going down!
Bring it on I have got some spots of my own and I have been waiting for just the right moment to crack these bad boys open!

Ronald Hobbs, Jr. said:
HAHAHA!! That is awesome! The King Craw doesn't work anyways. Look, Tag even told me himself on here back in the day..
Reply by Tag Watson on February 9, 2009 at 8:05pm
Hey David,

Good to hear from you. This bait would probably look pretty decent on a Carolina Rig but the sheer size of the King Craw may pose a challenge when rigging. This is a BIG chunk of plastic. If you come up with a slick new rigging method, I'd love to check it out.

Unfortunately, the King Craw doesn't work on Whatcom. They love dropshots though.....

eric mccarthy said:
Bring it on I have got some spots of my own and I have been waiting for just the right moment to crack these bad boys open!

Ronald Hobbs, Jr. said:
Ha ha! I remember that. They love dropshots!!!

Ron even said it in a recent post: A dropshot snub or panic minnow, and a 3/4 oz. jig w/ grub or beaver is all you need for smallmouth. Now you tell us, Ron!!! What do we do with our other 60 boxes of tackle???

David Parnicky said:
HAHAHA!! That is awesome! The King Craw doesn't work anyways. Look, Tag even told me himself on here back in the day..
Hey David,

Good to hear from you. This bait would probably look pretty decent on a Carolina Rig but the sheer size of the King Craw may pose a challenge when rigging. This is a BIG chunk of plastic. If you come up with a slick new rigging method, I'd love to check it out.

Unfortunately, the King Craw doesn't work on Whatcom. They love dropshots though.....

eric mccarthy said:

Ronald Hobbs, Jr. said:
OK you got me but those boxes are full of 'Niche" baits. The King Craw for example is a bait is a niche bait that you utilize in one specific situation, not all the time. Just like a 1.5 oz sinker or most big baits. I use tiny baits at times smaller than snubs but again 'niche' baits. I have tons of baits that fill a certain niche that I might encounter throughout the year. I guarantee I will have the baits I mentioned in my boat at all times of the year and at almost every lake in the NW.
To be consisten you have to fish consistent techniques lures and tactics. I guarantee Tag could catch the same weight on Lake Whatcom even if he never used a King Craw. Guaranteed!

Tag Watson said:
Ha ha! I remember that. They love dropshots!!!

Ron even said it in a recent post: A dropshot snub or panic minnow, and a 3/4 oz. jig w/ grub or beaver is all you need for smallmouth. Now you tell us, Ron!!! What do we do with our other 60 boxes of tackle???

David Parnicky said:
Hey David,

eric mccarthy said:

Ronald Hobbs, Jr. said:
Who all is heading north, or south, to whack some really nice smallies? We need a big turnout to support Borderline, and we all owe it to ourselves to fish this lake for the last time this year. Dont let the fact that Tag and Ron will be there sway your decision, it's a great lake.
Looking forward to it myself! I have not been out there for at least two months but the fishing should be good. Looking forward to a beer with the guys after as well. See you all Saturday morning.
Looking forward to seeing you there Brandon!

Brandon Thomas said:
Looking forward to it myself! I have not been out there for at least two months but the fishing should be good. Looking forward to a beer with the guys after as well. See you all Saturday morning.
I'll be there, but it's definitely a shot in the dark since it will be my 4th time ever on the lake. Looking forward to it though.
Awesome! It will be good to have you there Jordan!
Jordan Doucet said:
I'll be there, but it's definitely a shot in the dark since it will be my 4th time ever on the lake. Looking forward to it though.
I'm looking for a partner for the open. My usual partner has some family obligations. I was going to sit this one out, but went out yesterday and scored heavily, so I'm motivated! For those of you who haven't been out lately, two of the docks are still busted up, so only two ramps are usable.

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service