Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

Hi Everyone,

Borderline Bassin Contenders will be holding their annual Lake Whatcom Fall Open on Saturday, October 23rd.  Registration will be at 6:15 AM with a drivers meeting shortly after.  We will draw boat numbers once everyone has been registered and blast off at safe light.  Weigh in will be at 3 PM.  Entry fee is $100 per team and $20 big fish option.  If you wish, you can email me your completed entry forms at dparnicky@gmail.com.  It is perfectly acceptable and preferred however to hand in registration forms on tournament morning. I have attached a copy of the registration form as well as tournament rules to this post.  Feel free to contact me on here if you have any questions or concerns.  I hope to see you there!  It should be a fun day on a great lake!  

**Note**  I have tested our club's scale on weights and it is ACCURATE.  In order to speed up the weigh in process, each team is entitled to only ONE re-weigh.  If you ask for a re-weigh, I encourage that you deem it necessary as you will be forced to take the second weight regardless of whether it is higher or lower than your original weight.  This is the only way to keep things moving along and orderly at weigh in.  I don't want to hear any whining! :)   

Views: 294

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

I've been out all month trying everything I can think of and only producing small fish. If for some crazy reason things work out and I win any money at all though I will buy a round for everyone as well!

Brandon Thomas said:
Thanks for the vote of confidence Tag. I wish you were fishing with us, its always an exciting day when you and Ron get together and show us how its done. It looks like there should be several good paterns going and some nice limits. If all goes well for Billy and I we should be able to scrape up 15# or so but I really dont think that will be enough. Hopefully the winner buys first round at the bar, if it is us you know we will.
Hey Nick, there should be parking at Bobs but I cant gaurantee UFC although there are tvs in the bar.
OK, a couple days away....time for some good natured trash talking and a winning weight prediction.
I predict 19.5 lbs., it will be interesting with the weather coming in but I haven't fished that lake much when it wasn't windy and raining, I feel confident....
I don't really care where I finish, just as long as I beat Parnicky. No particular reason really, I'd just like to beat him since he lives up there. Also, in case you guys don't know, I am a master of the chuck and wind technique, sometimes without any rhyme or reason just throw that shit out and reel it in. Doesn't really matter what it is, swimbait, footbally head, jig, c-rig, just as long as it aint the fairy wand (dez). This may play right into my specialty. Bring it...

JD
There you have it; Willie and Jared with the win with 19.5lbs. It's Jared's time to shine, so I will bet he catches big fish. I'll guess a 6.5lb largemouth, and I don't care if there is only 3 largemouth in the whole lake.
See, that's what I'm talking about! Some epic light hearted trash talking....

Well done, Deuce!

Jordan Doucet said:
I don't really care where I finish, just as long as I beat Parnicky. No particular reason really, I'd just like to beat him since he lives up there. Also, in case you guys don't know, I am a master of the chuck and wind technique, sometimes without any rhyme or reason just throw that s*** out and reel it in. Doesn't really matter what it is, swimbait, footbally head, jig, c-rig, just as long as it aint the fairy wand (dez). This may play right into my specialty. Bring it...

JD
There are actually more largemouth in there than most folks realize....decisions, decisions.

Chad Simon said:
There you have it; Willie and Jared with the win with 19.5lbs. It's Jared's time to shine, so I will bet he catches big fish. I'll guess a 6.5lb largemouth, and I don't care if there is only 3 largemouth in the whole lake.
We will see Jordan! Just because I haven't been catching the biggest fish lately doesn't mean I don't have a gameplan ;) Whether it's a good one or not? I guess I will find out tomorrow! The one thing I can promise you is that I am going to try as hard as I possibly can all day to weigh the 5 biggest fish I can! There will be no lack of effort in my boat! The only time my line will be out of the water is when I am reeling in to make another cast or running to another spot.

Jordan Doucet said:
I don't really care where I finish, just as long as I beat Parnicky. No particular reason really, I'd just like to beat him since he lives up there. Also, in case you guys don't know, I am a master of the chuck and wind technique, sometimes without any rhyme or reason just throw that s*** out and reel it in. Doesn't really matter what it is, swimbait, footbally head, jig, c-rig, just as long as it aint the fairy wand (dez). This may play right into my specialty. Bring it...

JD
Whats a largemouth?

Tag Watson said:
There are actually more largemouth in there than most folks realize....decisions, decisions.

Chad Simon said:
I think the winning weight will be 20.75 lbs. I am not sure who will catch it though. Based on who it sounds like will be showing up, we are going to have some awesome anglers fishing this tomorrow! I honestly think everyone fishing this thing has a legitimate shot at walking away with it!
Actually Bill D AKA Big Fish Bill weighed in a 5.2# LM at the 2007 fall open. Based on that and what Tag says " there are actually more LM in there than most folks realize" I think you should all probably think about going after them. It would be your best bet.

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service