Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

Besides specific fishing locations, what information do you think is sacred?  How many things (lures, techniques, patterns, etc) do you know about that you won't share?  Is there one set of info you will share on a message board like this vs. another set of info that you only share with your tournament partner or good buddies? 

Or...are there some things you will keep with you to your grave? Are there things you are convinced nobody else knows about or does and you'll be damned if you are going to share with your best friend, much less a message board!

Does it even matter?  Why does a guy like Hobbs who would seemingly have the most to lose by sharing so much info - share the most?

No doubt there are some guys who watch this board and never share anything and think those that do must be a bunch of idiots for sharing such good info.

Views: 189

Replies to This Discussion

Just read through this thread and there are some awesome perspectives on this. I think Easterly put it very well, "the only secrets I keep aren't my own" or something like that. For me, there are some things I do not post on WAfish. I do not post locations of Spawn and Prespawn areas because I feel there are lurkers that would use this information to harm the population on a given body of water, but excluding that, I like to share. I have become a much better angler over the past 2 years by learning from the people on here that I think it would be damn near cheating to not post my opinion where I think it can help someone.

My philosophy.... ya still gotta catch'em.

All I know is, the information that you and Ron, and Tag, and the others give, on this site, and in your seminars, have put more fish in my boat. And that is just simply from increasing my fishing IQ by listening to what you guys have to say, not from knowing any secret spots, or secret baits.

Don, I was dissapointed that you didn't do a seminar at this years sportsman show. The one you did last year changed some of my fishing paradigms.

Ron, Mark, Marc, Tito, Nick, you guys did a great job with your seminars this year! Someone needs to start filming those seminars so we can have an archive. It's almost an information overload setting through all of them in one day. So much good info, and so few brain cells left to process it.....

To all of you who share, I just want to say thanks! Regardless of what anyone says, you guys are an asset to the sport.

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service