Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

Hi Everyone,

I have been in touch with some people at the WDFW who were approached by BASSmaster magazine for a list of the top ten bass fishing lakes/rivers in Washington state. I am interested to hear everyone's thoughts on their top lakes, a list will suffice, but if you want to put together a quick reasoning on why the lake is in the top ten I'm sure they would be interested to hear that as well.

I'm going to ponder my list for a bit, but in no particular order the following come to mind:

• Potholes
  • Columbia River (Tri-Cities)
  • Chelan
  • Whatcom
  • Washington
  • Banks
  • Moses
  • Sammamish
  • Riffe
  • Terrell 

Views: 2689

Replies to This Discussion

banks

moses

chelan

hanford

brewster

riffe

roosevelt

american

wallula/Umatilla/dalles

Washington

I see a lot of Eastern Wa lakes/ bodies of water as well as greater Seattle area lakes...North and South. I'm not in those areas and I will keep quiet, thank you. Tho..I would love to fish some of those bodies of water at some time.

Seen a couple Hanfords.....pretty sure part of wallula.. but maybe there is a dam that I have been missing all these years!
In my minds eye I see Hanford and Tri Cities as two diff areas, I don't know why but I just do

Ronald Hobbs, Jr. said:
Seen a couple Hanfords.....pretty sure part of wallula.. but maybe there is a dam that I have been missing all these years!

haha....  you know exactly why!  One is so utterly dangerous that your prop shivers at the thought of attempting running it, and down river is nothing but rats, with nothing that could ever get a prop down there.  Everyone knows this.

Zach Chandler said:

In my minds eye I see Hanford and Tri Cities as two diff areas, I don't know why but I just do

Ronald Hobbs, Jr. said:

I deleted my top 10, because I forgot about the 10 ponds and tiny lakes I fish this time of year.

Surprised know ones mention Tapps.

My picks would be only four, just don't have the time after that to fish more :( actually after Tapps fishing time is limited.

1. Tapps

2. Banks

3. Potholes

4. Chapman (wished they have more access.)
1. Potholes
2. Chelan
3. Washington
4. Moses
5. Banks
6. Whatcom
7. Sammamish
8. Samish
9. Columbia tri cities
10. Tapps only because I caught a huge Musky there once!

Ya me too.  That's why I listed it.  

Zach Chandler said:

Ronald Hobbs, Jr. said:
1. Columbia river bonneville pool (zero pressure)
2. Lake chelan
3. Moses lake
4. Potholes res.
5. Lake sammamish
6. Riffe lake
7. Newman lake
8. Columbia river celilo pool
9. Kapowsin lake
10. Alder lake

I've got to speak up for the east-siders.  My perspective would be from a tournament fisherman and father of a camping family.  Sometimes the fish don't have to be big, just dumb enough to bite a senko my 5 year-old dropped under the boat.

1.)  Long Lake - Spokane (26lbs a day to win - and that's during the largemouth restriction - 1 per angler)

2.)  Snake River - (Lake Bryan Pool - Smallie paradise- only local fisherman)

3.)  Columbia River (Wallula pool)

4.)  Pend Oreille River - (beautiful and fun fishing - starting to come back from pike netting)

5.)  Banks Lake - (love the fact there's no houses and homeowner bs)

6.)  Moses Lake - (Any place that takes 21lbs too make the top 10...)

7.)  Lake Roosevelt - (Camping paradise - great fishing for kids)

8.)  Potholes - (minus the bugs, and Hobbs/Wolsky.  That combination is miserable)

9.)  Coeur d'Alene (just to see if you guys were checking - but it's incredible)

10.)  Umatilla Pool (I needed a 10th.  This place is love/hate.  You're either sweating through your underwear, or swimming in them from waves.  No in-between.  Good fishing if you're not bailing)

- j.boomer

You can call it what you like but is still classified as the wallula pool...... If I took Zachary and your train of thinking I could count the Dunes and Potholes as 2 different bodies of water I could take Cour de lane as 4 or 5 different bodies of water so that gives me 6 or 7 choices. It's one body of water just saying, you are just getting specific of where. Like me saying one of my top 10 choices is East Channel area

troy kelly said:

Ya me too.  That's why I listed it.  

Zach Chandler said:

Ronald Hobbs, Jr. said:

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service