Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

where are they biting and on what.

Views: 1005

Replies to This Discussion

If Adam is the 10-12 year old boy in the picture then you guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

If Adam is a grown man then he should spend a few minutes thinking before he types and deserves whatever response he gets.

I don't understand why guys are so shocked when this happens. Doesn't anyone spend just a few minutes reading some posts just to get a feel for the tone of the place when they first log on.

Your first interaction to a new group of fisherman is "where are they biting and on what" REALLY?

Agreed Potter, I hope Adam isn't the kid in the picture

I agree... why be rude at all. If you don't feel the post warrants a good reply then why even reply?

Why are bass fishermen so mean? Why are we so negative on this site? We'll be lucky to keep new members with everyone barking at nothing.... you guys scared Adam will take a few hints from the website and go out and catch all the fish? or spank you in a tourney? Funny stuff, All he needs to do is drag....

100% Adam, there's alot of good information to research on this site, and you should utilize it, but for your question... hit lake Sammamish with Football heads and a Sniper Lure Trigger grub in natural colors and drag the break lines for a good time. If you don't know about size baits, weights, what a "Sniper Lures Trigger grub" is, or what a break line is... now those are things you could learn from digging on the site for sure. You could also drop shot Sniper Snubs or Bolts!!!!! Awesome baits this time of year.

You the man and I wish you many fish! Nice largie by the way!

im 13yrs old but that was when i was 11 havent beat that fish yet but thanks for the advice johnny

That is a great fish Adam!

I don't know anything about winter fishing for bass but the few I have caught were in Lake Samammish; this time of year. Those fish were eating sculpin off the bottom. Sculpin look like a miniature Ling Cod. I was catching them on a big football head and a grub and we caught them deep. There are lots of plastic baits that could imitate a sculpin. If you get a chance to go you should and let us know how you did.

Good luck.

Adam! 13 years old... wish I'd started taking the sport serious when I was 11 or 13... I've only been doing it seriously for about 5-6 years and I'm 30.

Things are looking good for bass fishing and if things keep building up like they are you'll probably even have an opportunity to competitive bass fish in college on scholarship!

Good luck out there and pay no attention to these rude guys on the site. They bark loud but no bite!

Glad to have you on the site man!  

Adam I can totally relate to you.  When I was your age I was just getting into Bass fishing.  When I joined the site I started my posting with a question similar to yours and quickly realized it's best to listen for a while and try to carefully sculpt your questions in order to yield the best responses.  This is a great resource and I was being serious and 100% honest in my first response so go give it a whirl!
Adam, we in the Western Bass Club are having a Fish-In on Lake Samamish this saturday, you are invited to attend. More info on our web site at www.westernbassclub.com
john that would be awesome because i know me and my friends all have small boats and dont get to fish on nice bass boats much so it would be a great experience

OK this answers alot. Here I can help. Unlike salmon that come into the sound in schools which they refer to as the "salmon run" and the trout which are planted. Usually the salmon are hitting when they are running as for me and the trout are usually hitting when they are planted.

The smallies are usually always hitting, or as I like to say biting, now for others they may not be hitting or biting. Its kind of a thing where you have to figure out the puzzle in order to catch them. As for the hitting point, the fish usually don't hit your lure this time of year they more or less pick it up or bite it.  Anything fished around these fish usually will get a bite, normal baits would be jigs of all kinds, drop shots, carolina rigs, and you probably can catch a few fish trolling, which then I would call the smallies hitting.

To me you are asking the wrong questions. First of all look up the lakes that contain smallies, then you don't have to ask that question, change your are they hitting phrase to have the fish been biting for anyone, then ask about how deep and what kind of structure.  This question would have got you alot farther.

As one of my bass fishing friends told me "the more you know about bass fishing, the more you are allowed to know"  referring to the more you know the more someone is willing to share. Learn the basics first then ask knowledgable educated questions.

Adam Hokenson said:

i am new to it

Ken Lutz said:

I know chris but maybe he is new to this type of fishing like I'am.

Cris said:
Much better, I'm sure the answers will be flowing in.

Adam Hokenson said:
what lake in western WA are the smallies bitting on and what lure
Adam, the one thing that is worse than asking a bad question, is asking no questions. Don't let the critisism these guys are giving you stop you from asking questions in the future. I'm very excited that young people out there are asking about fishing instead of how to beat levels in video games.

I got on on lake washington monday on a dropshot on a rocky point in a little over 30 feet. Hopefully that helps you a little.
Max i think the fish in was this past saturday.

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service