Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

There are still some openings for the April 28th  Pond Jumperz "Electric Motor Only"   Bass Tournament.

DATE:  April 28th, 2012
TIME:  Boaters Meeting @ 6:00AM,  tournament launch at first safe light (~6:30AM)
FEE:   non-club members $45.00

TOURNAMENT INFORMATION:  
The use of outboard/gas powered motors is not allowed.  For this tournament, they may be attached to the boat but may not be used in any way.  This includes propulsion and charging of batteries.

Boat must be equipped with a working live well able to support the life of a three fish limit.

The Boat must display an approved Contest Banner.

This tournament is limited to 20 boats,  and there are about 10 spots left.  Get your registration in early to guarantee a spot.  Tournament  Rules and Registration as well as registration instructions can be found at
http://www.pondjumperz.com/documents.html 

Prizes awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place for heaviest three bass limit.  There is also a Big Fish pot.  Cash & Prizes include donated items from Dobyns Rods,  Wholesale Sports and  Valley Sports and More. 

Views: 1065

Replies to This Discussion

"there are TONS of great opportunities for this club to grow by fishing some of these smaller, not as well known lakes in our area that are virtually untouched by bass anglers " 

I totally understand the point & suggestions that both you and Nick have mentioned above in regards to fishing smaller lakes for the sake of better fish being caught and making it easier for guys too troll around from spot to spot , Cool !  

However what makes you assume that these guys haven't already had these same discussions in there meetings on this same topic ?  Based on what there club decided is most likely the reason why they have permits on the lakes they plan on fishing this season in my opinion , right ?

Brain addressed Nicks questions with a very diplomatic response in regards to how his club has dealt with there issues in the past and going forward . He could have very easy said "who are you too tell me how to run my club especially coming from a non member " ..

You followed up nicks reply and said..

"I know personally I would be much more apt towards doing these if they were on these smaller lakes since i'd get frustrated on a bigger body of water spending half my day on the trolling motor going from spot to spot, or trying to get to the smaller lake at Samish for example 

I'm not trying to tell you guys how ti run your club, just some food for thought "

Brain is not trying to please "everyone" imo, To me he is simply attempting to draw more awareness to the fact that he has good thing going with his club while having fun in hopes to grow the sport . Why cant we just appreciate what "HE" has work hard to put together here in our community and applaud his efforts ?

Comments like "why are you called pond jumpers but you guys dont fish ponds" is not a sign of appreciation bro and you know that jordy So lets be honest with eachother here ..

I dont think that Sun or Robert would have felt the need to reply to this thread in the mannor in which they did if there wasnt a little bashing taking place ..   This is mainly just some more food for thought bro  :) 

I'd say that if someone ran an electric only club on electric only water....it would be very successful. There'd be some giants caught, and you may trully inspire some young anglers to take it to TBF, NWBASS etc...   By fishing big pressured water with electric only, you may frustrate some young anglers and turn them off with low catch rates, rough conditions in small boats, and more running than fishing.   

That said there are some things that I'm sure some of you aren't thinking about when critiqueing their club.  

Just a few:  

Perhaps the more experienced members who kick down the most knowledge want to do a few venues on bigger water for elevated sense of gratification and bigger challenge.   Eliminating their favorite waters may alienate them from the club, and then all you have is a bunch of newbs filling each others heads with misinformation....

Perhaps it is difficult to get the paperwork done for tournaments on smaller bodies of water or launching/parking/logistics is a chore?  

Perhaps growth isn't the biggest decision influencer or priority of the club?

Perhaps the target market is harder to define than you would think, evidenced by the varying degrees talent in the club?

At any rate....everything seems like a no-brainer until you are actually in the club and see the "ins and outs."   

One thing is for certain.  Nobody is running the club down.  I think if club members were smart, they would be open to all criticisms in order to improve their club.  Particularly from someone who has proven to be effective at filling a niche, evidenced by all who reads this.  If someone is critical of your lake choices, then perhaps instead of getting the panties in a wad, you might stop to wonder if that kind of thing is limiting the success of the club.  You might be suprised how strong of a brand you could build if you narrowed your scope.  Did you notice the salmon/steelhead forum actually diverts to a different site than wafish?  food for thought. 

Well said Trouser Snake.

I will be there on the 28th!  I need to practice catching bass again before the Whatcom Open on Sunday!

By no means was I talking bad about your club Robert and Brian I hope it did NOT come off like I was.  I just find myself thinking sometimes... WOW I want to get in on some of the toads those little lakes have to offer, and maybe someday competing out on them lakes would be Awesome.  You guys can do that with the electric motor only aspect of your club! Maybe consider taking advantage of that in future tournament scheduling.  I feel like there is an untapped wealth of small to mid sized lakes around this state that get little to no pressure for bass.  These are the lakes that I feel could be outstanding places to put a field of say 10 to 20 little boats...

I need some gas money for the Whatcom Open as well!  I am going to try and use that as inspiration to fish well!!

Gas money?  I am fishing for my Whatcom open entry fee.  Now that is inspiration!

And if that doesn't work out for me, it is a short drive over to Whatcom on Saturday afternoon to were out some fish along the cork line :)

Wear them out bad! There isn't enough time in a day for me to even consider fishing there on Sunday so that will help my cause!

Brian Calvert said:

Gas money?  I am fishing for my Whatcom open entry fee.  Now that is inspiration!

And if that doesn't work out for me, it is a short drive over to Whatcom on Saturday afternoon to were out some fish along the cork line :)

I guess I can chime in on this one now that I'm a member now.I joined this club for the opportunity to fish against guys with the same limitations by not having a full sized bass boat(yet).I also loved the schedule for this year.Yes,a couple of the lake are kind of big for electric.motors,but I'm sure these guys voted in the lakes.And Clear,Rosinger,and Terell are fairly small lakes/Plus,even though it may take a little while to get to a good starting spot,you've got all day to fish it.I think it can be beneficial to be restricted to an area.it makes you fish  more thoroughly and also to try different techniques in those areas.When I get a bigger boat,then I'll be fishing bigger tourneys and bigger lakes,but for now this is the perfect type of club for me.I encourage anyone with a small boat to join and learn more about bass fishing.Looking forward to Samish.And sorry to tell you guys but I plan on getting 1st place money to pay for the Whatcom open entry the next day,and my team partner does too,so that only leaves 3rd place money up for grabs to the rest of you guys.Good luck to everyone this coming weekend.

Thanks to all that attended our kick off event.  We had 9 boats with a total of 12 anglers.  The bite was extremely tough for all but one.  10 Fish were caught for a total of 22.88 lbs & 10 fish release alive (in case your keeping score)

David Parnicky - 3 fish for a total of 5.70 lbs - Takes 1st place and a Dobyns Rods 40% off certificate.

Jason Nielsen - 2 fish for a total of 4.02 lbs - 2nd place and a $40 Wholesale Sports Gift Card.

Matt Johnson - 1 fish at 3.48 lbs - 3rd place and a 30% off Ardent Reel Certificate &  Big Fish with a Spinnerbait Kit.  Both donated by Valey Sports & More.

A big thank you to our sponsors Dobyns Rods, Wholesale Sports, Valley Sports and More, and Berkley.

Our next event is at Lake Goodwin and it is coming up quick.  5/12/2012 is only a few weeks away.

thanks for putting this on brian, robert, although i had a tough time fishing that day it was still a good time for me and cant wait for the next one, and as far as the lake size, ive fished alot of the smaller electric only lakes and to have 10+ other boats on them could get some what crowded. even with the size of samish to the size of the boats i still ran into other anglers and was glad that the lake was a decent size so i could fish somewhere else and not "intrude" into where they are fishing.

Thanks Travy,

I think everyone enjoyed themselves and we are on our way to a great season of fishing and fun.

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service