Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

Bossman said work was optional on Friday, so to the lake I went. Seemed that most fish were still in the Post Spawn funk. Alot of fish guarding fry it seemed and also got into some fish cranking the weedline. I ended up catching just 7 keepers for the day. Wes had a little something better going though it seemed:

My guess is that the fish should move out more into a summer pattern within a couple of weeks. Good luck.

-J

Views: 59

Replies to This Discussion

Them wake boats ain't gona put water over your bow, they can't follow you far enough to do that. Or When is the last time anybody has seen a Triton on the water when a wake boat is also on the water.

Ronald Hobbs, Jr. said:
Funny the biggest baddest wake boats out there won't throw any water over the bow of my Triton!
Sorry just an observation of mine!
rzone said:
I would say Lake Sammamish is about the same, we got two about the size of what Wes found. A severe let down from last weekend when we found 25 fish in 30 minutes on Lake Roosevelt.

On another note, wouldn't you like to beat the crap out of the guy who invented the "wake boat"? I have taken water over the bow in my Ranger only three times, two of them were from the wake off those things.
Caught about 12 or so keepers...most of them were caught off docks guarding fry...even got a 11" largemouth
I was pissed! It took me 45 min to get past all the weekend warriors launching their boats....I will smile next time lol

Josh Potter said:
Wes looks like he is PISSED!
I went out to WA last night after work. Fished from about 5-9:15. Going for all LM. First off I would not have been able to catch 12 keeper SM, thats a great day Wes.
Anyway, I started off good with a 2-12 LM on a frog. That was fun. Saw another chase it down and as soon as it came into an open area that fish looked right at me and turned around so fast, DAMN. Saw what I thought was a turtle on the edge of pads. Wrong, it was a 4 lber and swam off.
I ran into the cut to look for more lily pads, didn't get any.
Then it got weird. As I was about to get out of the Cut, I hear sirens. Theres a boat coming on plane and its closing in pretty quick. I start waving people over cause they have the sun in their eyes, and I move over to the edge on my side. I about run over a shore anglers line. A police boat with the triple 250 engines comes flying past me, and about 4 other boats that were entering the cut. I didnt want to take any water over the sides so I just gun it and run about 100 yards to where its smoother water. NEVER HAD THAT HAPPEN BEFORE.
Go under 520 and start to plane up, end up running over a long piece of 2x6 board. No damage to the engine (thank god) so I drug it to shallow water and threw it towards shore.

Another hour of fishing with no luck and I was back at Coulon, only trailer in the parking lot LOL. It was pretty darn windy north of 520 !
Your right Lake Sammamish doesn't have any wakeboards at all! It think c-ride could attest to that

Rodney Heupel said:
Them wake boats ain't gona put water over your bow, they can't follow you far enough to do that. Or When is the last time anybody has seen a Triton on the water when a wake boat is also on the water.

Ronald Hobbs, Jr. said:
Funny the biggest baddest wake boats out there won't throw any water over the bow of my Triton!
Sorry just an observation of mine!
rzone said:
I would say Lake Sammamish is about the same, we got two about the size of what Wes found. A severe let down from last weekend when we found 25 fish in 30 minutes on Lake Roosevelt.

On another note, wouldn't you like to beat the crap out of the guy who invented the "wake boat"? I have taken water over the bow in my Ranger only three times, two of them were from the wake off those things.
I think I saw a couple on the lake. But they where all following a Triton with a blue wrap that said Nixons Marine. Weird!

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service