Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

Hi Everyone,

This years club fishoff is currently scheduled for the first saturday in October - the same day as the dream team tournament on Banks lake. As you may know, scheduling in this state is a real pain and this is another prime example. The tournament cannot be held the weekend before because there are too many club events and championships, plus there is no permit available for Lake Washington on that date. The weekend after is the Mickelson and the weekend after that is the opening day of deer season.

So here's my questions: What would you all think about scheduling the club fishoff on  Sunday the 7th? This would allow the guys that want to fish banks to still participate in the club fishoff after a bit of a haul. 

Other options include:

• Holding the event on bank lake in Sunday
  • Disregarding deer season as we have the last two years
  • Holding the event on Sammamish in late September
  • or a variety of other options.

I would love to hear your thoughts. As of now I am leaning toward holding the event on  Lake Washington on October 7th.

Views: 515

Replies to This Discussion

Opening day of deer and waterfowl season is the 13, same as the Mickelson, not on the 20th... The Lake Whatcom Fall tournament is usually that weekend as well though (20th).

Pretty sure looking at the calendar it is going to collide or put people out no matter what weekend you put it on during that stretch of fall time. Unless like mentioned you make it quite a bit later. I could probably swing going to Banks but it would not be easy, and I imagine the case would be the same for a lot of us coasties...

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service