Cash Only on Tournament Day
No Lake Off Limits Period

DRIVERS MEETING:                        LATE REGISTRATION:
7:00 AM                                          6:00 AM - 7:00 AM

Blast off at Approximately 7:30 am
Sunrise at 7:40 am

$80 Big Stringer Option
$20 Big Fish Option Pot

80% Payback           

All are welcome to fish the tournament whether they get in the pots or not.

Tournament proceeds will go towards the maintenance and upgrades of www.wafish.com  

For Information Contact:
Jordan Doucet (425) 218-0520  Jordan.Doucet@gmail.com

Views: 3161

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/boa/3436238538.html

Seems like a good deal. Might look good on the back of the nitro.

Chad Simon said:

Jordan,

I think it would benefit us to know now. That way we can tie up our gear accordingly. The first year I came prepared with 3 rev-rigs tied up, and then it was decided at the drivers meeting it wouldnt be allowed. It's not like there is ever enough time between the drivers meeting, and blastoff to tie anything up. I think it should be allowed, and it could increase participation. You're correct this tournament is out of the norm, so why stick with common rules? On the flip side, NWBASS has always allowed it, and I've never heard complaints. I'm confident I will do well either way. It makes for a much more relaxing day when you can just troll around, especially given the weather forcast!

Jordan Doucet said:

I'll be making a Rev Rig decision at the drivers meeting. I would like to hear everyone's thought on the Rev Rig technique as it pertains to this tournament however. In other tournaments it is not allowed, however this tournament is out of the norm anyway...

I don't think Ron or I will be deploying any Rev Rig for targeting bass... Odd species on the other hand we might be breaking out the down riggers and the night crawlers! So I guess I don't care about guys trolling the rev rig for bass fishing as long as I can troll for Trout and Salmon! I don't even know what the Rev Rig is and the 2x I have fished this tournament my team has gone home with a check, so it must not be that good! I say let em do it if they want.

The nice thing about the rev-rig is that it's a great way to catch both trout and bass! I've had days where I've caught limits of 3-5lb Cutt's on this rig. My dad caught a Cutt over 8lbs years ago on the rig as well. There are days when the rev-rig is killer on bass, and it's usually when the plastic bite sucks.

I'm leaning towards allowing the Rev Rig this year, however my bet is that both the bass tournament and weird fish pot will be won using conventional bass fishing techniques.

As a Rev Rig Affacianado, I have learned how to adapt the technique when it's not allowed in its traditional method.  I. E. I will use a carolina rig, or will long spool the rig and reel it in so as to not truely be trolling.  It sure would make it easier just to allow it though.  I really don't rev rig that much anymore.  But like Chad said, the days that it seems the plastic bite is dead, you sure can whoop up on them with the rev rig.  P.J.,,,,,  I will gladly rent you and Hobbit a couple of rigs for the day, say for a 50% stake in any check you may cash.

Mark

If someone could maybe just explain it to me I could probably come up with something of my own... I am a seasoned veteran when it comes to trolling but kinda started bass fishing so I would have something else to do once in a while, but I am always down for a good whooping!  I was actually just thinking of bringing a downrigger and running a 7wire A-rig back 15ft and down about 25ft on the rigger. That should get my bait ball in the strike zone... Would that be allowed Jordan?  I'll call it the Renegade Rig!

Main line tied to a tri-swivel; off one of the rings, about 3-4 foot leader tied to a 2 ounce weight and then on the third ring another 3-4 foot leader tied to a jointed rapala or other hard bait. Troll at medium speed.

P.J. Koshi said:

If someone could maybe just explain it to me I could probably come up with something of my own... I am a seasoned veteran when it comes to trolling but kinda started bass fishing so I would have something else to do once in a while, but I am always down for a good whooping!  I was actually just thinking of bringing a downrigger and running a 7wire A-rig back 15ft and down about 25ft on the rigger. That should get my bait ball in the strike zone... Would that be allowed Jordan?  I'll call it the Renegade Rig!

Any predictions out there for winning total?

I"m guessing it will take a 5 fish limit weighing about 13lbs.

Also, I've picked up some items for the raffle including:

• WaveAway - Thanks to Chris Lambert
  • Gear Aid ReviveX Waterproofing Samples for all pariticipants and Complete Bottles for Raffle - Thanks to Tag Watson
  • Product from Limit Out Marine - Thanks to Russ Baker
  • A G-Loomis Spinning Rod - Great for Football Heads
  • A Diawa Laguna Rod
  • A Shimano Reel
  • Yamalube Oil
  • Mercury Premium Plus Oil
  • Sebile Swimbaits
  • WAFISH Schwag 

I'm sure a few more things will be included, but as you see, only quality products at this raffle! Please come and support the raffle, even if you cannot make the tournament. Additional raffle items would be very much appreciated from anyone willing to donate. This is the only fundraiser for the website and your support is very much appreciated as the site continues to grow.

Well Thanks Jordan for a fun tournament.  Seemed like a tough day for everyone. Not a single limit weighed in, but the winning weight was up 2lbs from what we had last year. I think that is a positive thing, but then again not a single fish above 4lbs was weighed in accept that huge Trout. Nice job Tony and Wes what a streak on that lake! 

I second everything P.J. said!  Fun times, impressive win by Tony and Wes and big thanks to Jordan for making this happen every year! 

Can we see the standings and pics?

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service