Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

2010 Forrest Wood Cup: Hobbs prepares for shot at $500,000

Headed to Atlanta next week to cover the Forrest Wood Cup. As was the case last year, I'll be bringing you exclusive LIVE coverage of the Cup right from Lake Lanier and the Gwinnett Center. I'll do my best to provide y'all with the kind of inside information you can't get anywhere else. 

And with the biggest Pacific NW representation ever in the history of this event, the Atlanta grits 'n' greens will have a decidedly PNW flavor next week.

Here's the first pre-Cup story. Anybody have any story/angles they want me to chase down while I'm there? Get those suggestions to me ASAP!

BASS REPORT: Junior takes shot at $500,000 payday at Forrest Wood Cup
By Joel Shangle

NW Wild Country.com

ATLANTA - Barely 10 days away from competing for a $500,000 payday, Ron Hobbs, Jr. is most excited about signing a liability waiver.

A half-million dollars and bass-fishing immortality can wait. Right now, Junior wants to talk about Blackhawk helicopters.

"Dude, I had to sign a waiver in case I make the top 6 and get to ride in a Blackhawk helicopter - how COOL is that?!?" Hobbs says the week before departing for Atlanta and Lake Lanier, where 78 of the FLW's top anglers will compete for the 2010 Forrest Wood Cup and the biggest paycheck in professional bass fishing. "I just want to make the top six so I can fly in a helicopter!"

CHECK OUT THE REST OF THE STORY HERE:

http://nwwildcountry.com/WildBlogs/HobbsToFLW.html

Views: 32

Replies to This Discussion

Go get 'em, Ron. We are all pulling for you. Looking forward to hearing all about the tournament and the helicopter ride!

Good luck, my man!
Go get 'em Ron! Couldn't pick a better angler to represent Washington!

Thanks for the heads up Joel.
Show those guys that the best fishermen come from the northwest!!!
Give em Hell Ron!!!
Ron, enjoy the helicoper ride. Let the pilot know ya want to fly nap of the earth!!! Good fishing and bring it home.
Good luck Ron...we all know you can do it. Have fun on the helicopter ride..you will have earned it.
You can do it!

knock em dead man!!! bring that trophy home!!!
Get er done over there, go wack them Micropterus punctulatus!
Good luck and fish well Ron!! Most importantly, enjoy the experience! That must be pretty cool getting to be in the Forrest Wood Cup! Not many bass anglers can say that!
Get some good sweet tea for me!
You called it Johnny , Man that good ol GA sweet tea is the bumm !!

As for Jr , I hope we get too see you cry lke a baby on stage after holding up that winning Trophy , TEARS OF JOY MY AZZ..lol
Good luck batman , get it done !!

Johnny Walker said:
Get some good sweet tea for me!

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service