Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

KVD x 4: 2011 Classic champ on NW Wild Country this Saturday

I started it back in 2003 when Iaconelli won his Classic on the Lousiana Delta. It continud through Clausen, Duckett, Jones, Skeet, etc., and this Saturday, NW Wild Country will continue its 8-year tradition of chatting with the newly crowned Bassmaster Classic the Saturday after their win.

"Kevin from Kalamazoo" - freshly crowned Classic champ Kevin Van Dam - will be checking in with me and the boys this Saturday, Feb. 26, fresh off his fourth Classic win, and his second in a row.

Anybody have any questions for King Kevin?!?

JS/NWWC

Views: 39

Replies to This Discussion

I'd like to hear what his thoughts were on Brandon Palanuik and would also like to know how difficult it was to fish so close to other to other anglers, watching them catch fish and keeping your head on the game. Has to be tough.

I'd like to know more about what turned on the bigger fish the last day.  Was it just everyone on top of the leader board got really dialed in or was there some condition changes or little things that helped them key in on the bigger fish?  There were some seriously big bags weighed... Everyone in the top 6 accept Brent Chapman brought 22+lbs to the scales day 3!
Excellent questions, Jordan.

Jordan Doucet said:

I'd like to hear what his thoughts were on Brandon Palanuik and would also like to know how difficult it was to fish so close to other to other anglers, watching them catch fish and keeping your head on the game. Has to be tough.

Can you get any info on how the fishing changed over the three days and how he adjusted to the fish each day?  Also how about an interview with Brandon?

I honestly don't even want to ask any questions.....He isnt human, therefore all questions are mute, moot, and Muht.

I would like to know what planet he is from, and whether he is a machine or an organic being.....(mabey get a dna sample).

Also, I would like to know, as he continues to rewrite the record books, does the pressure get greater with each accomplishment to continue being the best, or do those accomplishments give him the confidence to make his job easier? Because he makes it look so damn easy.

does he fish against the fish, or does he fish against the competitors?

Ask him when the last time he fished for a check was and not a win.  Ask him if he thinks he has a distinct advantage over most of the field due to the fact that he is financialy sound, being able to take more risks, hence win more often.

Then finally ask him how it felt to just stick it to those guys that where fishing within a cast of him, I bet it was probably felt alot better then when he won it last year all by himself in the back of a creek.

Ask him what are his thoughts about the bass anglers coming out of the NW ! 

Also i would like to hear what  are his thoughts on the future on bass fishing in general . He has been in the game a long time so he has seen the growth over the years , does he feel it's a little concerning that an elite angler such as himself winning a title like bassmaster classic and news like that didnt even make the front page of most sports pages like espn sports, yahoo sports, etc !  

Ask him how he decided on that particular area to fish.  I heard him talk about not wanting to make the Venice run because of it would not allow him to be in "control".  But what ultimately lead him to this area and deciding on it, with the prefish being so cold and not many fish were caught there in prefish.

Mark

Ask him if those guys enjoy coming out west. I am curious if the anglers do not care for the long haul, or if is more of the organination not wanting to deal with running a tournament way out here because we always get forgotten about it seems. Ask him what his thoughts are about spreading out the tournament sites to include other western states and locations that seem to get overlooked such as th Columbia river and other lakes like mead, Shasta etc.

It would be an interesting topic to discuss.  I noticed Martens went out of his way to mention how he never gets any help when it comes to finding fish.If true, he would be one of very few who don't get help before the cutoff.  Duckett was very out in the open about soliciting help before the classic and it caused a bit of a ruckus amongst the pros.

But, it would probably take some serious balls to go there if you are the one asking the questions...

Panic Minnow said:

Ask him if he has ever heard of anyone purchasing waypoints of key areas holding fish....nahhh better not. Might hit too close to home.

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service